Monday, September 25, 2006

I'm Baaaaack! And other New, Links, and Announcements from the Blogosphere

I go away, do my thing, believing that beyond y’all playing nice with the guest bloggers (who rock, by the way, let’s give them a round of applause), I figured the world would obviously stop spinning in my absence.

Riiiiiiiight.

Obviously I had a lot of reading to catch up on yesterday, and here’s a little snippet of things you might have missed out on as well:

Over at the Written Nerd, not only did Lady T repent for her past book snobbish ways, but Libba Bray’s Ode to Indie Booksellers from the New Atlantic Independent Booksellers Association is up.

Speaking of Lady T, the mistress of all things pop culture, she’s also got an interview with Janet Finch, author of White Oleander and the highly anticipated Paint It Black.

From Booksquare comes this link to copyranter (who’s got a lot to say about boring book advertising and its failings. The comments that follow make for interesting reading as well).

And on the advertising (or just plain interesting) front, this sounds intriguing. How could anything using the words “voltron inspired” not be?

The Smart Bitches want to know how much responsibility an author has when it comes to their fans actions; an important question in this day and age of online forums and fan communities that span the world.

Thanks to Fuse #8, I found out you can vote for your favorite banned book.

Little Willow of Slayground is looking to compile a list of the Sassy Sidekicks of Children’s Literature, so go help her out. You can post comments on Livejournal without having an account.

If you are looking for something a little different for your reading this week, perhaps you should check out self-pubbed author Daniel Scott Buck’s The Greatest Show on Earth. Both POD-DY Mouth and Grumpy Old Bookman have reviewed it with much favor, making me regret that I turned down a chance to score my own free copy. Oh well, guess I’ll just have to buy it instead.

Via the Millions I found this article about my favorite nerd and author of the fictional nonfiction tales, John Hodgman. Let the Hodgmania begin!

Maud Newton gives us the heads up on Amitava Kumar being disinvited from a Salman Rushdie event due to comments he’d made in the past. Rushdie has his say on Kumar’s site to set the record straight.

I’ll be back to do a SB Day entry later on today. First I have to do all the errands I put off to go on vacation. Happy Birthday, Kate!

P.S. Blogger is being really evil about letting me post this for no apparent reason.

6 comments:

lady t said...

Thanks for the linkage love,BSC! Blogger was giving me a hard time,too,earlier today-don't you hate it when that happens?

Kate said...

John Hodgman's coming to talk to us. US! Well, anyone in Hartford.

thanks and happy birthday to you, too. When is it again?

Bookseller Chick said...

Lady T, every time I think that I've given up on blogger it turns out to be my error or that Blogger fixes whatever is wrong. I really enjoyed your interview and your guest blog, by the way.

Kate, I'm so jealous! Wish I lived on the East Coast. (My birthday's May 5th, Cinco de Mayo.)

Little Willow said...

Thanks for the link! :)

Anonymous said...

Awesome. I love that Salman Rushdie actually replied to the post. I wish he'd post a comment on MY blog, not that I write anything he'd ever want to respond to.

And his letter was so formal! Hehe, great little tidbit there.

Anonymous said...

You can still score that free copy of THE GREATEST SHOW ON EARTH, now that you know what you are getting yourself into. (That is, of course, unless you have already bought one!)