…by one, Robin Brande, to reveal five little known facts about myself. I feel like I’ve done this before, but I’m too lazy to check, so I apologize if this is a repeat (I’m just a really boring person so this won’t be anything new to my friends). Tell me if you’ve heard any of these before (at this site) and I’ll replace it with a new fact.
1. For the first four days of my life I was known as Girl (family name here) because my parents couldn’t decide what to name me (both Sydney and Bronwyn were considered and discarded). Finally the hospital told my parents that if they didn’t name me they couldn’t take me home, so they managed to cobble together something they liked. Only when my father went to tell the nurse their choice and make it official he misspelled my first name by spelling phonetically. It’s been a distraction for people ever since.
2. I was in the Vagina Monologues for two years in college. The first time I played several different roles including the moaning monologue, and the second time I just performed the monologue “Hair.” Everyone involved in each production got their own video of the show. Years later a good friend used her copy to “educate” her boyfriend—specifically the “Hair” monologue—which was fine when I thought I was never going to meet the guy. Silly, naïve fool. When we came face-to-face mere months later I could barely look him in the eye as my friend introduced me as, “This is _______. You know, from the video…” Killlllllll Meeeeeeeee.
3. I can fold my tongue in half—not rolling, but fold it so the tip points towards the back of my throat. Since it’s a pretty useless talent it’s not something I advertise.
4. I really dislike being asked what my ethnicity is, and it’s a question I’ve been asked a lot lately. My dislike stems from the fact that most people tend to phrase their “Hey, what are you?” question with absolutely no tact, and ask me out of the middle of no where. Mostly I just tell people that I’m a Heinz 57 variety style baby and leave it at that, but I once made the mistake of actually admitting that I don’t know (at least not about the chunk responsible for my skin tone and hair color), only to be asked if it was because I was adopted (I’m not, see fact #1). The whole conversation was pretty awful and probably one of the few times I actually came close to yelling “none of your business” at a customer.
5. I have a secret past as a fanfiction writer…
Hmm, that’s all I can think of tonight. Told you I wasn’t interesting.
Tag to all y’all, just let me know if you do the meme by leaving a link in the comments.