Tuesday, May 10, 2011

There's a new kid on the block...

Feel like GoodReads, Shelfari, and LibraryThing aren’t meeting your personal library or social networking needs? According to Netted there’s another option out there (in beta): ShelfLuv. Created by Pek Pongpaet, ShelfLuv has the ability to instantly search/add books with Amazon, and then share your purchases and recommendations with your friends through Facebook and Twitter.

Although to me the bookshelf looks similar to Shelfari’s shelving set-up, ShelfLuv is being written up for its appearance. The interface allows you to stalk your friends’ shelves and provides book recommendations based on what they are reading and also by what’s in your Twitter account (somehow). If you grab an invite (I believe some might still available here and here), you can see if this is the personal library that will fit all of your reading needs. At this time I can’t find an official release date and you’ll need to use your Facebook login to sign up.

I would love to hear what people who currently have a different library set up think of this one. Since I don't really use my GoodReads account in conjunction with Facebook/Twitter, I think I'll hold off to see the finished ShelfLuv product.

No comments: