Thursday, July 20, 2006

Blog Filler

I was tagged by Avid Reader to complete the following meme, and as I had nothing else to talk about it seemed like a good idea. Apologies to all you people suddenly coming over from that Yahoo Writers’ Group looking for a follow up to yesterdays post, and to the rest of you who hang around here for no apparent reason.

1. When did you start blogging and why?

I started blogging back in May of 2005 because I had a group of friends who always wanted to hear the “funny bookstore stories,” but I was really bad at doing mass emailings. I also wanted to try writing something semi-daily without the pressure of producing art (or finishing said “art” anyway because it is the finishing part of anything not short that I seem to have a problem with).

2. What don’t you talk about?

I’m not here to make judgments on anyone’s political views, person (unless you did something really, really stupid, and even then it’s a laugh with you situation, I swear), or religious persuasion. Life’s too short and a blogging war isn’t really worth my time or energy.

3. Are you and your blogging persona the same person?

I’ve been told by friend’s that read this blog that this is my voice in written form, which scares the hell out of me because it means that I always sound like I need more coffee and I’ve lost the will to punctuate correctly. I also fear that one day someone will be in my store and say something like, “Hey, you’re Bookseller Chick, aren’t you?” but this is only fleeting. The chances that there are enough people reading this blog that one of them will walk into my store and recognize me is nil, not to mention egotistical. I do think that my blogging persona may come across as slightly more likely to hit the bottle than I am in real life.

4. How do you use blogging to build friendships?

I never expected blogging to do anything more than further the friendships I already had, the unexpected friendships that I’ve built since then are wonderful, but hindered, I feel, by my anonymity. I’d love to sit down with y’all for coffee though.

5. How would you describe your writing style?

Sloppy. My writing on this blog is full of run-ons, bad punctuation, and absolutely no editing because I usually post without the second, third and even forth read through that I give all my other work.

Tagged?

Whoever wants it, just let me know.

Any other questions y’all would like to ask that I may or may not answer?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you answered all those questions. It's fun to learn a little more about the woman (I assume you're a woman?) behind the screen.

We'd like to sit down and have coffee with you, too, BSC. Until we know who you are, guess we'll all have to keep dropping into bookstores on the west coast and offering drinks and snacks to whomever's around.

Keep up the great work. Love your blog!

none said...

I have to hang around somewhere, and I'm still hoping for a cupcake.